Before You Begin
This page describes how to set up licensing for the MAX+PLUS II software versions 9.1 and higher. You do not need to install a new license file for your software unless you just purchased the software or you just renewed your Intel® FPGA software subscription. After you install your MAX+PLUS II license file, the license is good for all versions of software up that are released for the duration of your subscription. Your license will NOT expire. Refer to the Intel FPGA Subscription Program page for details.
Before you begin setting up MAX+PLUS II licensing, you must have installed the MAX+PLUS II software and obtained a license file called license.dat. To obtain a license file, follow the steps below:
- Make a note of your Intel FPGA ID, which is a 6-digit number written on your software packing slip and other documentation from Intel FPGA. You will need this number to request a license file.
- Install and start the MAX+PLUS II software
- Choose License Setup (Options menu) to display the License Setup dialog box. Click the System Info button to display the System Information dialog box, which shows relevant information about your computer, including one or more of the following items:
- Your hard disk serial number (on PCs)
- Your software guard ID (on PCs)
- The network interface card (NIC) address number (on PCs)
- The system ID (on UNIX workstations)
- See the figure below for a sample PC.
- Make a note of all information that is displayed.
- Request a license file from this web site; your license will be sent to you via e-mail. Follow the instructions in the e-mail for creating a license.dat file.