During user mode, when asserting the nCONFIG pin low, you might observe unexpected behavior where nSTATUS stays high, which prevents the restarting of the configuration process for Intel® Stratix® 10 devices. This is due to an SDM mailbox flooding event using the Temperature or Voltage Sensor Intel Stratix 10 FPGA IP. A request to perform reconfiguration cannot interrupt the SDM process causing the configuration process to fail.
During normal user mode operation, to prevent the SDM mailbox flooding event, do the following :
- In each Sensor IP, after issuing one request, wait for the response
- After the response is received, wait for 1 second before issuing a new request
To perform reconfiguration:
- Before asserting nCONFIG, disable each Sensor IP to prevent any sampling request to the Temperature or Voltage Intel Stratix 10 FPGA IP
- Wait for at least 1 second
- Assert nCONFIG to start the reconfiguration