Due to a Microsoft security update, users may experience one of the following symptoms when using the Arria® 10, MAX® 10 or Cyclone® 10 PowerPlay Early Power Estimator (EPE) tool:
- Buttons do not work
- A run-time error "Object doesn't support this property or method"appears after opening the EPE
To work around this do the following:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Open a Windows Explorer, and enter "%temp%" (without quotes) into the address bar.
- Press "Ctrl" "F" and enter ".exd" (without quotes) into the search box.
- If any files with extension ".exd" are found, select and delete ALL found files.
- Next, enter "%appdata%" (without quotes) into the address bar. Again, press "Ctrl" "F" and search for ".exd", and delete ALL found files.
- Reopen the EPE.
If the issues remain, please follow these steps:
- Open the EPE, go to "File" -> "Info" -> "Compatibility Mode" and click the "Convert" button
- If a pop-up appears, click "OK" to proceed with conversion, and then click "Yes" to reopen the workbook
previous steps convert the original ".xls" EPE file into a
".xlsm" file. The newly created file should not exhibit the original
Microsoft\'s description for this issue can be found at: