Information on physical damage of processor (damage to due to external causes)
- If performed improperly, the following can damage the product:
- Usage outside design specifications
- Packaging, if shipping or returning the product
- Upon receipt of the returned product, we visually inspect for externally caused damage. We screen products using the naked eye or a 3X magnification scope without applying any mechanical or electrical pressure to the products.
- Damage to the product indicates the products was changed from its original shipment and usage condition. This tampering violates the Three Year Limited Warranty for Intel® Boxed Processors.
|Note||Motherboard sockets may leave marks under normal usage. We do not consider this damage to the product due to external causes.|
Possible physical damage to the product due to external causes
|Components missing or damaged|| || |
Picture above: Missing component
Picture above: Cracked component
|Heat spreader damages, cracks, and scratches|| |
On the heat spreader, reject if there are:
Reject if scratches are exposing the base metal.
Picture above: Indicates a deep scratch on the heat spreader
|Damaged or deformed package |
(*Package is also known as substrate)
Picture above: masking peel-offs
|Contamination or foreign material|| |
Presence of foreign material on:
Approved cleaning solvent could not remove foreign materials.
Picture above: Foreign material on CPU surface and land pads
Picture above: Foreign material on CPU pins
|Damaged or bent pins||You cannot properly install the processor in the CPU socket due to: || |
Picture above: bent CPU pins
Damaged or deformed silicon (die)
|Chipped or cracked on the die side.|| |
Picture above: Chip off on the edge of CPU die
|Scratched silicon (die)|| || |
Picture above: Scratch on the CPU die is more than 25% the length
Picture above: Over three visible scratches
|Thermally damaged CPU||Thermal damage (burn mark) on CPU: || |
Picture above: thermally damaged CPU