The following suggestions can help you troubleshoot an issue:
- Did it work, and now it doesn't work? If yes, has anything changed on the computer since that time? For example, has the access point or environment changed?
- Change settings or parameters one at a time. Do not change multiple settings at once. Write down the setting you changed, and what the result was. Note whether the change has a positive or negative impact on the problem or whether it changes the symptoms.
- Do other computers have the same issue, or is it just this computer? For example, do all computers on the same network have the same issue?
- Single word searches: wireless, wi-fi, wimax, network, connection, security
- Multiple word search: wireless troubleshoot (looks for all documents containing wireless AND troubleshoot)
- Combine these words and others in quotation marks for specific phrase searches: "wireless connection"
Update driver and software:
Many problems can be remedied by updates to drivers and software. The Intel® Driver Update Utility can help you determine your current Intel wireless driver version and update the driver is needed.
1 Intel is a supplier of laptop components and doesn't manufacture or sell complete laptop systems. Your computer manufacturer may have customized the driver on your computer. Before downloading and installing a driver from Intel, check with your computer manufacturer for a customized version.