The table lists all retail boxed versions of Intel® Ethernet Adapters and the type of driver support they have for Windows Server 2012 R2*.
Intel® Ethernet Adapters with driver support for Windows Server 2012 R2*
|Description||In-box support1||Full support2|
|10/100 Mbps Ethernet adapters ||Yes||No|
|PCI and PCI-X* Gigabit (1000 Mbps) adapters ||Yes||No|
|PCI-Express* Gigabit (1000 Mbps) adapters ||Yes||No|
|PCI-X* 10GbE (10 Gbps Ethernet adapters) ||No||No|
|PCI-Express* Intel® Ethernet 10 Gigabit Server Adapters with Intel® 82598 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller ||Yes||No|
|PCI-Express* Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapters with Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller ||Yes||Yes|
|PCI-Express* Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapters with Intel® Ethernet Controller X540 ||Yes||Yes|
|PCI-Express* Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapters with Intel® Ethernet Controller X550 ||Yes||Yes|
|Intel® Ethernet Controller XXV710 ||Yes||Yes|
1 In-box support
- Driver and software updates are not planned for adapters with only in-box support. These adapters cannot be updated using automated or manual methods.
- Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) driver for teaming and VLANS are not included with in-box support.
- To add an adapter with in-box support to a team using multi-vendor teaming (MVT), see the user guide.
2 Full support
- These adapters have updated drivers, Intel PROSet for Windows Device Manager, and Intel® Advanced Network Services (teaming and VLAN) software available in download center.
- Use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant for wired networking to detect and update drivers.
- Manually download the latest Intel® Ethernet Software and drivers.