Windows Hello* is biometric authentication that provides instant access to your Windows® 10 device.
- Windows 10 64-bit operating system.
- A Windows* sign-in PIN.
- A system with an Intel® RealSense™ Camera. See list of devices with an Intel RealSense Camera integrated.
- Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager, version 1.4 or higher. Download the latest DCM.
To set up Windows Hello, follow these steps:
- Click the Windows Start Icon and click Settings > Accounts.
- At the Accounts screen, click Add to set up a PIN. You must set up a PIN before you can enable Windows Hello.
- Once you have a PIN, click Set up in the Windows Hello section.
- Click Get Started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to take your picture.
- Go to Windows desktop and lock the computer by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del. Select Lock. This step locks your computer and allows you to log on using your face. When you log on, you see the camera turn on for a few seconds while it recognizes your face for logon purposes.