The board has six DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- 1.5V, 1.3V, and 1.25V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs
- Three independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported
- 24 GB maximum total system memory
- Minimum total system memory: 1 GB
- ECC and non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial Presence Detect
- DDR3 2400 MHz, 2133 MHz, 1866 MHz, 1600 MHz, 1333 MHz, and 1066 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
- XMP version 1.2 performance profile support for memory speeds above 1600 MHz
To be fully compliant with all applicable Intel® SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. If your memory modules do not support SPD, you will see a notification to this effect on the screen at power up. The BIOS will attempt to configure the memory controller for normal operation.
Using a DIMM with a voltage rating higher than 1.65 V may damage the processor.
32-bit operating systems are limited to a maximum of 4 GB of memory. The operating system report less than 4 GB because of the memory used by add-in graphics cards.
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel® boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list for this Intel® Desktop Board.
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.