- Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
- Support for non-ECC, unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs with x8 organization and single-sided DIMMs with x16 organization
- 8 GB maximum total system memory (2 Gb memory technology)
- Minimum total system memory: 512MB using 1 Gb x16 module
- Serial Presence Detect
- DDR3 1333 MHz and DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
To be fully compliant with applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should have DIMMs supporting the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This structure allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS tries to correctly configure the memory settings. Performance and reliability can be impacted or the DIMMs might not function under the designated frequency.
|DIMM Capacity||Configuration||SDRAM Density||SDRAM Organization Front-side/Back-side||Number of SDRAM Devices|
|512 MB||SS||1 Gbit||1 Gb x 16 / empty||4|
|1 GB||SS||1 Gbit||1 Gb x 8 / empty||8|
|2 GB||DS||1 Gbit||1 Gb x 8 / 1 Gb x 8||16|
|2 GB||SS||2 Gbit||2 Gb x 8 / empty||8|
|4 GB||DS||2 Gbit||2 Gb x 8 / 2 Gb x 8||16|
“DS” is the double-sided memory modules (two rows of SDRAM). “SS” stands for single-sided memory modules (one row of SDRAM).
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel® boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list for this Intel® Desktop Board.