What are you hearing?
You turn on your Intel® Desktop Board and it continually beeps 3 times (3 one-second beeps).
Why are you hearing these beeps?
It means there's a memory issue.
How to fix it
To resolve this problem, check the following:
- Make sure you properly install the memory modules in the DIMM slots and lock the latches in place.
- Make sure you use supported memory for your board. Check the speed and size of your memory.
- Check that the memory modules aren't defective:
- Test the memory modules one at a time.
- Try the modules in another computer, or try different known-working modules in this system.