Steps to recover an Intel® NUC's BIOS after failed upgrade, using Power Button.
The Intel® NUC fails to boot after attempting a BIOS update.
In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it's possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. Please follow the instructions and/or watch the video below to try and recover the BIOS.
- Download the Recovery BIOS (.bio) file. Example:
- Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a USB device.
- Plug the device into a USB port of the target computer when it's turned off.
- Press and hold the power button down for three seconds, then release it. The Power Button menu appears.
- Press F4 to start the BIOS recovery.
- Wait 2–5 minutes for the recovery process to complete.
- The computer will either turn off when the recovery process is complete, or it will prompt you to turn it off.
|Note||If there is a firmware update in the BIOS (example below) the firmware will not update when using the power button method. To update the firmware in the BIOS, you will need to perform a BIOS update using the F7 method or the jumper recovery method.