List of available SKUs to use Intel® VROC
- What Intel VROC key should be used based on the SKU type?
- Is an Intel VROC key needed to set up a RAID?
Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) has the following different SKUs for PCIe* NVMe* SSDs:
- Intel VROC Pass Through: No RAID support, just stand-alone NVMe-based Solid State Drives (SSDs) connected to Intel® Volume Management Device (Intel® VMD) enabled PCIe* lanes. No hardware key needed.
- Intel VROC Standard (VROCSTANMOD): Bootable RAID and RAID 0/1/10 support for Intel/third-party SSDs. Standard hardware key needed.
- Intel VROC Premium (VROCPREMMOD): Bootable RAID and RAID 0/1/5/10 support for Intel/third-party SSDs. Premium hardware key needed.
- Intel VROC Intel SSD Only (VROCISSDMOD): Bootable RAID and RAID 0/1/5/10 support. No third-party SSD support. Only functional with Intel brand SSDs. Intel SSD Only hardware key needed.
The three upgrade keys are shown as follows for reference: Intel® VROC upgrade keys
|Note||Intel® VROC (SATA RAID) contains support for SATA SSDs and is supported with all licensing types listed above, for Bootable RAID and RAID 0/1/5/10.|