How to install a new Windows® 10 Operating System on a system with drives managed by Intel® VMD
When installing the Windows* operating system, no storage drives are available to select for the destination drive.
Follow the instructions below to properly detect available storage drives for OS installation.
- Download Intel® RST driver packages F6flpy-x64(Intel® VMD).zip and F6flpy-x64(Intel® Non-Intel® VMD).zip , unzip both folders separately to a USB flash drive.
- Start the Windows® 10 64-bit OS Installation process.
- Load the Intel® RST driver from step 1.
- Press Load driver.
- Press Browse.
- Select the USB drive that contains the F6 driver and expand the folder that contains the driver. Press OK.
- Select the matching driver from one of the two folders and press Next to proceed.
- Only one of the two folders will contain the matching driver. When the matching folder is selected, confirm the matching driver (iaStorVD.sys or iaStorAC.sys ) will be highlighted and press Next.
- General guidance on which F6 folder to use: Try with one folder; if no driver available, try the other folder.
- For 11th generation mobile platforms, start trying with F6flpy-x64(Intel® VMD) folder.
- For 11th generation desktop platforms, start trying with F6flpy-x64(Intel® Non-Intel® VMD) folder.
- Select the drive for OS installation and press Next.
Intel® RST storage driver supporting Intel® 11th generation platforms is not yet available inbox with the operating system. Due to this, the driver must be installed during the installation process to recognize drives that are being managed by Intel® RST on the affected platforms.