Steps to perform a clean driver installation on any Intel® Ethernet Controller or Intel® Ethernet Adapter
Unable to connect to the network, no Intel® Ethernet Controller is detected on the operating system (OS).
- Open Windows* Device Manager.
To open the Device Manager tab:
- Windows XP: Click Start, open the Control Panel, click System, and then click Hardware.
- Windows 7: Click Start, open the Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click System.
- Windows® 10 and Windows 8/8.1: Right-click Start and click Device Manager.
- Double-click Network adapters to expand the section.
- Right-click the Intel® Ethernet Connection (model) and select Properties.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Click Uninstall.
- Check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
- Press the Windows key + R, then type %Temp% and delete everything from that folder.
- Install the latest Intel® driver from the Download Center.
Follow the Solutions to Uninstallation Issues with Intel® Ethernet Network Drivers guideline if you have problems with the uninstallation process.