After installing Windows Server 2019 and all available drivers, an Unknown Device appears in Device Manager.
Products affected: Intel® NUC8i3PN, NUC8v5PN, and NUC8v7PN.
OS: Windows Server 2019
How to fix it:
Perform the following steps to install drivers for the unknown device:
- Open Device Manager and double click the unknown device
- Click the Details tab
- Click the dropdown and select Hardware Ids
- Confirm that the Hardware ID is BTH\MS_BTHPAN
- Click the Driver tab
- Click Update Driver > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > Bluetooth, then click next
- Select Microsoft from the Manufacturers list on the left, select Personal Area Network Service from the list on the right
- Click Yes on the "Update Driver Warning" dialog that appears
Cause & More Information:
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN USED BY OUR CUSTOMERS BUT NOT TESTED, FULLY REPLICATED, OR VALIDATED BY INTEL. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY. ALL POSTINGS AND USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE SITE.