Prepare to install
- Recommended: Update the BIOS to the latest version, as important fixes and security updates are often included.
- Make sure there are enough USB ports available for your keyboard, mouse, and installation media. You may need to connect a USB hub to the dock device.
- Using another computer connected to the Internet, download the latest wireless network driver for your Intel® NUC Element. Save it to a USB portable device. You need to install this driver after installing Windows*.
- Get your Windows image ready (purchased separately), on either a USB portable device or on CD/DVD media.
- Plug in the device containing the Windows installation image.
- Power on the Intel NUC Element.
- At the prompt during boot, press F10 to open the boot menu. Select the installation drive.
- Windows Setup starts. Follow all setup instructions.
After installation is complete
- After Windows Setup is complete, install the wireless network driver you downloaded in Step 3.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Install Windows updates (optional).
- Download and install the rest of the Intel NUC Element drivers from Download Center.
|Product Specification for Intel® NUC Elements
|How to install Windows* from a USB device