See below for warranty information specific to Intel® NUC Element products.
Click or the topic for details:
Intel offers three-year limited warranties on Intel® NUC Element products purchased from Intel® Authorized Distributors. This warranty covers all hardware items included in the box.
|Three-year International (PDF)
Size: 2.8 MB
Date: July 2022
|Three-year Australia (English) (PDF)
Size: 89 KB
Date: September 2020
|PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*
System fan warranty considerations
Chassis manufacturers might design enclosures for Intel® NUC Element Products that include passive cooling solutions. To accommodate these types of custom chassis, some chassis manufacturers or integrators remove the fan or otherwise embed the product. In these cases, it is the responsibility of the chassis manufacturer and integrator to ensure sufficient cooling of the modified system to meet the environmental limits as specified in the Intel product technical documentation. Failure to sufficiently cool the Intel NUC Element Product in custom enclosures will invalidate the Intel Product Warranty.
Intel® NUC Extreme and Pro Elements are not recommended for use with passive cooling solutions, and the chassis manufacturers and integrators are fully responsible for the risk of making such modifications. If you have a devices that has been modified by a third-party chassis manufacturer in this way, contact the manufacturer's support to determine the device's warranty status.
Before you return defective products
Make sure you know your Windows* OS Activation number (if applicable).
The table describes what to return and what to keep with you.
|Whato to return
|What to Keep
|NUC Compute Element
|NUC Chassis Element
|NUC Assembly Elements
|NUC Board Element
|Intel isn't able to track or return user-installed components, including items included in the box upon return. Unless otherwise mentioned above, remove M.2 storage and memory modules (if applicable) from your Intel NUC Chassis/Board Element before sending it to our Warranty Center. Where applicable, make sure to backup all applications and data. Intel is not responsible for any data loss occurring from the warranty process.
Intel NUC Elements sent as warranty replacements don't include a Microsoft Windows* license sticker. If your Intel NUC has a Windows license sticker, we recommend you carefully peel it off the chassis. You can take a photo of it for future reference before returning it to Intel for a warranty replacement. Microsoft Windows stickers aren't available as fulfillment items.
- Back up all your applications and data where applicable. Intel is not responsible for any data loss that occurs during the warranty process.
- Refer to your email confirmation for instructions on which parts and accessories you should keep. Intel doesn’t retain any parts and accessories and can’t return them to you.
- Write your RMA case number on the outside of the box and enclose a copy of your email confirmation.
- Replacement units may not be shipped to you in original retail packaging.
If you have the original retail box, you can use that box to return the product:
- If the original box inserts aren’t available, wrap the item on all sides with bubble wrap or similar cushioning material to ensure a snug fit with minimal movement.
- Pack the retail box into a sturdy outer box, with at least two inches of bubble wrap, loose fill foam, or similar cushioning to ensure a snug fit with minimal movement.
- You can procure an outer box of adequate size from your local shipping store or post office at your own cost.
If you don’t have the original retail box:
- Pack the product in a sturdy box with enough additional packing material to prevent shifting in transit.
- You can procure a shipping box of adequate size from your local shipping store or post office at your own cost.
If you’re returning more than one item, protect each item with enough bubble wrap, loose fill foam, or similar cushioning material to prevent shifting during transit.
|Check Your Warranty Coverage and Request Warranty Support