Troubleshooting steps for blank display issues after installing HD graphics drivers.
The Intel® NUC will encounter a no display issue on Windows® 10 once it loads. This problem only appears when the HD Graphics driver is installed. Other OS's such as Linux work fine.
Issue experienced: The display suddenly goes blank when using the HDMI® port.
Perform the troubleshooting steps below to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Test the NUC and monitor with another monitor or PC respectively to verify that they are working.
- Update the HDMI firmware.
- Install the Latest Graphics driver for the NUC. You can download the latest HD Graphics from the Download Center.
- Use the HD Graphics driver for the CPU of the NUC as an alternative.
- Update the BIOS to the latest version. You can download the latest BIOS from the Download Center.
- Uncheck or Check the Turn on fast startup in the Shutdown settings section.
- Perform a clean install of the OS.
Note that the compatibility of NUC and HDMI monitors are not all tested. If the NUC and HDMI monitor work with different devices, you may have a compatibility issue. Visit this link for the Tested Peripherals and Software for Intel® Products.
If further assistance is needed, Contact Intel Support.