What are you seeing?
After downloading the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store and launching it from its location in the Start menu, the application fails to launch (no error messages appear).
The Intel® Graphics Settings 'right-click' contextual option seen below is no longer available when using Windows DCH Graphics drivers. You can find and open the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from Windows Start menu. Find more information.
How to fix it
Before continuing: We recommend that you install the Intel® Graphics Command Center in place of the Intel Graphics Control Panel. This is a new interface that may resolve your issue more easily. To install the Intel Graphics Command Center, refer to these instructions.
If you still wish to use the Intel Graphics Control Panel, the following is the most common solution to this issue:
- Click Start > Settings > Apps & Features.
- Locate and uninstall the Intel® Graphics Control Panel and Intel® Graphics Driver.
- Restart the computer.
- Right-click the start menu and go to Device Manager.
- Click Display Adapters.
- Right-click the Intel® HD Graphics Adapter and click Update Driver.
Note: If no previous driver is found the device appears as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows Update will automatically search for, download, and install the latest graphics driver validated for your computer.
- If the issue persists, Contact Intel Support.
If the above method doesn't work, see the information below:
- Uninstall the Intel® Graphics Control Panel using Apps & Features and only use Legacy drivers (legacy drivers already include the Intel® Graphics Control Panel).
- The Intel® Graphics Control Panel is only available on systems that use Intel® Graphics Controllers with the correct drivers installed.
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) can change how to access the Intel® Graphics Control Panel. If you can't locate Intel® Graphics Settings as an option on your system using the methods outlined above, contact your OEM to determine if they have changed how these options work on your system. Make sure your computer is using an Intel® Graphics Controller and has the latest Intel® Graphics Driver installed before contacting them.
The following scenarios may trigger an issue causing the Intel Graphics Control Panel failing to launch:
- Your computer manufacturer, also referred to as the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), is pushing and installing DC drivers through Windows Update service. The DC driver overwrites any DCH driver previously installed. However, the Intel® Graphics Control Panel application downloaded from the Microsoft Store isn’t removed from the system during the DC driver installation. This leads to two instances of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel existing on the system, which causes neither Control Panel to open.
- The issue may also be triggered if you downloaded and installed the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft® Store while the DC drivers were already installed.
|Discontinuation of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft* Store|
|The Intel® Graphics Control Panel Option Doesn't Appear When I Right-Click|
|General Information about Windows* DCH Drivers for Intel® Graphics|