The Intel Graphics Control Panel is automatically installed with the graphics drivers for 5th Generation Intel® Core Processors or older. The Intel Graphics Control Panel does not need to be installed from the Microsoft Store on these systems.
For 6th Generation Intel® Core Processors and newer, the Intel Graphics Control Panel has been discontinued and has been replaced with the Intel Graphics Command Center. See How to Install the Intel® Graphics Command Center for installation instructions.
Don't know your processor generation? See How to Find the Generation of Intel® Core™ Processors.
What are you seeing?
After downloading the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store and launching it from its location in the Start menu, the application fails to launch (no error messages appear).
The Intel® Graphics Settings 'right-click' contextual option seen below is no longer available when using Windows DCH Graphics drivers. You can find and open the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from Windows Start menu. Find more information.
How to fix it
Before continuing: Only proceed if you have a 6th Generation Intel® Processor or older processor and you have previously downloaded Intel Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store.
- Click Start > Settings > Apps & Features.
- Locate and uninstall the Intel® Graphics Control Panel and Intel® Graphics Driver.
- Restart the computer.
- Right-click the start menu and go to Device Manager.
- Click Display Adapters.
- Right-click the Intel® HD Graphics Adapter and click Update Driver.
Note: If no previous driver is found the device appears as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows Update will automatically search for, download, and install the latest graphics driver validated for your computer.
- If the issue persists, Contact Intel Support.
The following scenarios may trigger an issue causing the Intel Graphics Control Panel to fail to launch:
- Your computer manufacturer, also referred to as the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), is pushing and installing DC drivers through Windows Update service. The DC driver overwrites any DCH driver previously installed. However, the Intel® Graphics Control Panel application downloaded from the Microsoft Store isn’t removed from the system during the DC driver installation. This leads to two instances of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel existing on the system, which causes neither Control Panel to open.
- The issue may also be triggered if you downloaded and installed the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft® Store while the DC drivers were already installed.