Troubleshooting steps to set higher display resolution.
When trying to change the resolution on Display settings, it shows that the maximum resolution is 1920x1080, even though the Intel® NUC is connected to a 4K TV.
The Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK has two graphics components: Intel® HD Graphics and Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics.
You should keep the drivers for both components up-to-date. If both drivers are installed and the issue remains, follow the next steps:
- Uninstall the Intel® HD Graphics and the Radeon™ RX Vega Graphics.
- After uninstalling the drivers, open Device Manager and make sure that the display adapter is named Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall again until it is.
- Go to the Intel® Download Center website and download the latest Intel® HD Graphics driver.
- Go to the AMD driver website and download the latest Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics driver.
- Install the Intel® HD Graphics first and restart the computer.
- After reboot, continue with the installation of the Radeon™ RX Vega Graphics (Restart is recommended).
- Check that you can set a higher resolution.