Examples of descriptions of this issue:
1) After updating to Declarative Componentized Hardware (DCH) graphics driver the Intel® Graphics Control Panel is not opening.
2) After installing the DCH graphics driver the system does not open the Intel® Graphics Control Panel and QuickSync stops working.
3) Why is the Intel® Graphics Control Panel not opening when using the DCH graphics driver?
4) Intel® Control Panel is not showing up after updating to DCH graphics Driver.
Including but not limited to:
Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Intel® HD Graphics 630
How to fix it:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032309/graphics-drivers.htmlThe Intel® Graphics Control Panel is no longer bundled with the driver and is automatically downloaded from the Internet. After updating to the latest version of the Intel® graphics driver you might find that the Intel® Graphics Control Panel is not longer available or not able to be open from the right-click menu.
To solve this problem:
- First, make sure that Windows is updated to the latest version available. To check click on the "Start button" search for "Windows Updates" and do a check for updates or contact Microsoft* Support.
- Access to the Microsoft* Store. Here is the link to get the Microsoft download.
- Search for the Intel® Graphics Control Panel
- Install it
Frequently Asked Questions about Windows* DCH Drivers for Intel® Graphics
Intel® Graphics Control Panel fails to launch after installing it from the Microsoft® Store
DCH = Declarative Componentized Hardware
To update Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN USED BY OUR CUSTOMERS BUT NOT TESTED, FULLY REPLICATED, OR VALIDATED BY INTEL. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY. ALL POSTINGS AND USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE SITE.