How do I update the firmware of my Intel DC SSD?
How to fix it:
Tools used to update specific SSDs may vary. Find more information about the latest firmware and what tools to use for your Intel SSD on Firmware Versions for Intel® Solid State Drives and Intel® Optane™ Memory
Note: If the drive is part of a RAID(Redundant Array of Independent Disks), you may have to take it out of the RAID to update the firmware.
To update the firmware of an Intel DC SSD using the Intel DCT, follow the steps below.
- Download and install Intel® SSD Data Center Tool.
- For installation instructions, refer to Intel Solid-State Drive Data Center Tool Installation Guide.
- For the user guide, refer to Intel Solid State Drive Data Center Tool User Guide.
- To know how to use the tool, read through Chapter 1.
- To update the firmware, run this command 'isdct.exe load -intelssd' without quotations.
- If you encountered an error while attempting to update, check chapter 2.2 and 4.11 of the user guide.
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN USED BY OUR CUSTOMERS BUT NOT TESTED, FULLY REPLICATED, OR VALIDATED BY INTEL. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY. ALL POSTINGS AND USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE SITE.