How to fix no display issues when using an HDMI/DisplayPort connection to the display or television.
No signal when connecting the Intel® NUC to a display using the HDMI port or the DisplayPort.
This issue can be caused by a number of factors and components of your system. Try the following troubleshooting operations to help determine the solution to the issue:
If you've tried all the steps listed below and you still don't get the monitors to work, Intel Customer Support can help. Click Contact Support in the banner near the bottom of the page to get additional assistance. Be ready to explain the steps you tried.
- Try to unplug/plug in the display cable(s):
- Unplug HDMI/DisplayPort cable from the NUC.
- Turn off the system.
- Plug in HDMI/DisplayPort cable directly to the system (no dongles/adapters).
- Turn on the system.
- Test a different video cable. We recommend testing the video cable from the other working system, which doesn't have this issue.
- Test different video port on your NUC (DisplayPort (DP), Thunderbolt, another HDMI port).
- Test the monitor. To identify if there is a compatibility issue with your display, try connecting the Intel NUC to a different monitor or television, which was working before.
- Try pressing Shift + FN + F10.
If you are able to get one of the display outputs on the NUC to function, try the following to resolve the issue with the HDMI/DisplayPort connection that is not working
- Update the graphics driver for your Intel® NUC. Search for the model of your system on Download Center.
- You can also check the update via the Intel Driver Support Assistant.
- Update your BIOS to the latest version, instructions found here
- Update your Operating System. Try Updating Windows* to the latest version.
- Check the Supported Operating Systems for Intel® NUC Products to make sure the operating system is supported.