Intel® NUC products don't allow you to boot directly from SD cards. There are no plans to add this capability.
However, the BIOS sees SD cards as bootable if they're formatted as USB-like devices.
To learn how to create a bootable SD card, see:
- How to Create a Bootable Windows SD Card or Flash Drive
- How to Make Bootable SD/SDHC Cards for Every Operating System
After the bootable SD card is created, check the following BIOS settings:
- Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Priority.
- Disable UEFI Boot and enable Legacy Boot.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.