Click or the topic for details:
We offer two versions of Intel® Optane™ Memory ready Intel® NUC products:
|Product Names||Support for Intel® Optane™ Memory|
|Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNHX1 with Intel® Optane™ Memory |
Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNHX1 with Intel® Optane™ Memory
Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNHX1 with Intel® Optane™ Memory
|Intel Optane Memory is pre-installed |
BIOS version is Intel Optane Memory ready
|Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNH |
Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNH
Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH
|You can configure Intel Optane Memory after completing the following: |
- One of the supported Intel NUC models from the table above
- Intel Optane Memory (m.2 format)
- 2.5-inch (6.35cm) SSD or HDD SATA drive
- Windows® 10, 64-bit* operating system
- Intel® Optane™ technology software
|Note||If the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) is installed, you must remove it before you install Intel Optane Memory.|
Install the operating system
- Install Windows® 10, 64-bit* on the 2.5-inch SATA drive (don't install the operating system on the Intel Optane Memory)
- Install the current device drivers for your Intel NUC from Download Center:
- Intel® Chipset Device Software
- Intel® Management Engine Consumer driver
- Intel® HD Graphics driver
- Intel® Bluetooth Technology-based driver
- Intel® Wireless Technology-based driver
- Gigabit Ethernet Controllers driver
- Realtek* High Definition Audio driver
- Realtek Card Reader driver
- ITE Tech* Consumer Infrared driver
- Thunderbolt™ Bus driver (for NUC7i5BNH, NUC7i5BNHX1, NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i7BNHX1 only)
Configure Intel® Optane™ Memory
- Download and install the Intel® Optane™ Memory software.
- Restart the Intel NUC after the installation is complete.
- When Windows* restarts, a dialog box to complete the setup displays. Select Yes to continue.
- Select Enable.
- Select Yes on the warning screen.
- When the process is finished, select Restart.
Note When the NUC reboots, the BIOS automatically changes to support Intel Optane Memory.
- You can view setup information and statistics in the Intel Optane Memory application. You can open the software in either of the following two ways:
The Windows Start menu Right-click the Intel Optane Memory icon on the Windows Taskbar and select
Open Intel® Optane™ memory application.
View a demo of installing the Intel Optane MemoryHow to install the Intel Optane Memory module:
Removing Intel Optane MemoryTo remove Intel Optane Memory, you must disabled it first.
|Note||If Intel Optane Memory is not disabled before removing, it may result in data loss and cause the NUC not to boot.|
To disable Intel Optane Memory:
- Open the Intel Optane Memory application and select Disable.
- Restart the Intel NUC to ensure Intel Optane Memory is disabled.
- Shutdown the NUC.
- Follow the Changing an M.2 SSD or Intel Optane Memory Module instructions within the User Guide.
|What are you seeing?||Why are you seeing it?||How to fix it|
|Error when starting your Intel NUC: |
Warning!! System detected a request to change SATA mode from Intel Optane to AHCI. This may result in lost or damaged data. Are you sure you want to proceed? (N) No or (Y) Yes.
|The Chipset SATA Mode option in BIOS was changed to AHCI. |
This happens if you used the F9 key in BIOS Setup to set BIOS to default values.
|Press the N key when you see this error. The BIOS change is discarded and your Intel NUC continues to boot into Windows normally.|
|Error when trying to install the Intel Optane Memory software: |
Unsupported System Drive
|When you install Windows® 10 version 1607 for the first time with your Intel NUC connected to LAN, Windows asks if you want to update to version 1703. ||Fix this issue by following the directions in this article. Another option is to not update to version 1703. Instead, use the normal Windows Update procedure.|