Follow the steps below to display your own logo or splash screen image on your Intel® NUC. The logo or image displays when you start your Intel® NUC. We use the command-line utility Intel® Integrator Toolkit.
Select Your Image
Image file requirements:
- Must be .JPG file type
- Maximum file size: 60KB
- Minimum image size: 120 x 120 pixels
- Maximum image size: 1920 x 1080 pixels
Add Logo or Image
To add your own logo or splash screen:
- Download the Intel® Integrator Toolkit package from Download Center.
- Extract the zip file to a USB flash drive.
- Copy the .JPG file you want to use for your logo to the USB flash drive.
- The minimum size for the .jpg file is 120x120 pixels
- The maximum size for the .jpg file is 1920x1080 pixels
- The file must end in .jpg
- With the USB flash drive connected, turn on the Intel NUC.
- Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS setup.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Devices pane, enable Internal UEFI Shell.
- Press F10 to save changes and exit BIOS Setup.
- The computer will restart into the EFI Shell. You will see a device mapping screen:
- Depending on how many devices are connected to the computer, the FS number that corresponds to the USB flash drive can vary.
- Generally, the first FS number corresponds to the USB flash drive.
- Change the current directory to the USB flash drive by entering the command FSX: where X is the drive number of the USB flash drive from the device mapping list. (Example: usually the USB device is FS0, enter FS0: then press enter)
- To create a customized .BIO file with the logo at the command prompt, enter ITK6.efi -b -x myCustomBio.bio -il myLogo.jpg.
-b is the flag for the BIOS Update File Creation feature.
-x is the flag for choosing the name of the BIOS update file that you create.
-il is the flag for choosing the logo file to import.
The file myCustomBio.bio is created in the USB flash drive root directory.
- At the command prompt, enter Exit to close the EFI Shell.
- Restart the system.
- During boot, press F7 to enter the BIOS Flash Update tool.
- Select the USB flash drive and press Enter.
- Select the myCustomBio.bio file and press Enter. The computer will reboot and the following message will be displayed:
A request to configure the motherboard BIOS was made
by software running on this system. If you did not request
this operation, it is likely a system attack. You should not allow it.
Press <1> to reject, or <9> to allow.
- Press 9 to continue.
When the update finishes, the new splash image will display during boot.
|Note||To turn off the EFI Shell after uploading a custom logo: |
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*.
|Intel® Integrator Toolkit User Guide|