|Note||The end user is responsible to obtain CMIIT ID for the end user devices to comply with the Chinese product regulatory requirement.|
Visit the Online Support Center to begin the warranty repair process.
Click or the topic for details:
Intel One-Year Limited Warranty in the USA and Canada
If you have a problem or questions related to your Intel® Compute Module or Intel® Development Kits (Intel Product) you should approach whomever you bought it from. Who is called the Seller, and who has the primary responsibility to you. The terms and conditions of sale between you and the Seller apply.
However, subject to the following terms and conditions and in compliance with local law and regulation, you may also be entitled to the following Limited Warranty from Intel in addition to your rights against the Seller in the USA and in Canada.
Intel One-Year Limited Warranty
The Intel One-Year Limited Warranty:
- Is a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty from Intel. It lasts for one year from the original date of purchase of a new Intel Product when that Intel Product was purchased in its original sealed packaging, and is what we mean when we use the words a new Intel Product;
- Applies only in the USA and Canada;
- Gives you extra rights, which are separate and in addition to (and not instead of) your rights against the Seller;
- Gives you extra rights, which are separate and in addition to (and not instead of) your rights under consumer and consumer protection law.
What does the Intel One-Year Limited Warranty cover?
Intel warrants two things. First, we warrant that the new Intel Product, as delivered, if properly used and installed, will conform to Intel’s specifications. For specifications, see the Online Guide. We warrant that the Intel Product will be free from manufacturing and material defects that affect performance against the specifications for one year from the original date of purchase of the new Intel Product.
Second, for one year from the original date of purchase of the new Intel Product, we warrant that the new Intel Product itself complies with product regulatory requirements in the USA and Canada. Intel makes no other promises or warranties about the Intel Product.
What the Intel One-Year Limited Warranty does not cover
The following are excluded from the warranties above:
- Normal wear and tear and cosmetic damage. This means things like scratches, dents, and broken plastic on ports, that don’t result from a default of the Intel Product, although it can be other things too;
- Damage caused by use of the Intel Product with another product;
- Damage from or to, or caused by, any other hardware or software (for example, the Arduino 101* software) used with the Intel Product;
- Any failures caused by neglect, misuse (for instance, use in contravention to the user manual or the technical specifications or use of the Intel Product in or near water), or modification of the Intel Product;
- Any responsibility for regulatory compliance of the Intel Product when it is combined with other products or software - this is your responsibility, because we don’t know what you will make of the Intel Product;
- Any use in applications which are in or related to the following fields: aerospace, medical, military, nuclear, or any other mission-critical or safety-critical fields;
- Any damage caused by using the Intel Product without a power supply: or with the wrong power supply; or
- Any consequence resulting from accident, earthquake, fire, or other external cause outside of Intel’s control.
What is the Practical Effect of the Intel One-Year Limited Warranty?
If during the one year from the original date of purchase of the new Intel Product the board fails to perform in accordance with the limited warranty, visit the Online Guide where you will find the step-by-step process to handle your return. Once we verify that you are entitled to take advantage of the warranty process, Intel may in its sole discretion and option:
(i) repair the Intel Product, which extends the original warranty period by an additional 90 days; or
(ii) replace the Intel Product, wherein the original warranty period will apply; or
(iii) refund to you your documented costs of purchasing the failed Intel Product.
Note that you may choose not to take advantage of these extra Intel warranty rights. You may choose to use your other rights against whomever sold you the Intel Product. The Intel limited warranty rights in this document are in addition to (and not instead of) your contractual rights and your consumer law and consumer protection rights in the USA and in Canada.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
Under the Intel One-Year Limited Warranty, Intel will never be liable for:
(i) any loss or damage that was not caused by Intel’s breach of the Intel One-Year Limited Warranty;(ii) any loss or damage that was not reasonably foreseeable when you purchased the new Intel Product. The sort of thing Intel is not responsible for includes (but is not limited to) loss or damage which is lost profits, loss of opportunity, or loss of data.
If Intel is responsible under the Intel One-Year Limited Warranty (or otherwise under consumer protection law or due to Intel’s negligence in manufacture or distribution) Intel will always accept liability, without limitation, for claims for death or personal injury or damage to private property. Intel will also always be responsible for any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by Intel.
IMPORTANT: You may also have other rights (statutory rights) in addition to this warranty and your statutory rights may vary from state to state or from country to country. We recommend that you consult your local trading standards offices, consumer association, or citizens’ advice bureau to understand your rights as a consumer.
This manufacturer’s warranty provided by:
Intel Americas Inc.
2200 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95052-8119
|Regulatory and Warranty Information for the Intel® Joule™ 550x and 570x Compute Modules|
|Intel Joule Regulatory and Warranty Box Insert (PDF) |
Date: August 2017
|Intel 500X Compute Module Assembly Instructions (PDF) |
Size: 157 KB
Date: August 2017
|Intel 500X Compute Module and Board Assembly Instructions (PDF) |
Size: 752 KB
Date: August 2017
|Intel Joule Regulatory (PDF) |
Size: 209 KB
Date: August 2017
|Note||PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*.|
|Regulatory Information for the Intel® Joule™ Compute Module|
|Intel® Joule Compute Module User Guide|