System memory features
The board has two SO-DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- 1.5V DDR3 SDRAM SO-DIMMs with gold-plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher-performance DDR3 SDRAM SO-DIMMs.
- 1.35V low voltage DDR3 SO-DIMMs (JEDEC specification).
- Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support.
- Unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided SO-DIMMs with the following restriction: Does not support double-sided x16 SO-DIMMs.
- 16 GB maximum total system memory (with 4 Gb memory technology).
- Minimum recommended total system memory: 1 GB.
- Non-ECC SO-DIMMs.
- Serial presence detect.
- DDR3 1600 MHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, and DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM SO-DIMMs. Third-generation Intel® Core™ Processors are the only processor family that supports DDR3 1600 MHz DIMMs.
- XMP version 1.3 performance profile support for memory speeds of 1600 MHz or lower.
For full compliance with applicable Intel® SDRAM memory specifications, the board requires SO-DIMMs supporting the serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. Using SO-DIMMs that support SPD allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS tries to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability can be impacted. Also, the SO-DIMMs might not function under the specified frequency.
Supported memory configurations
|DIMM Capacity||Configuration||SDRAM Density||SDRAM Organization Front-side / Back-side||Number of SDRAM Devices|
|1 GB||Single-sided||1 Gbit||128 M x 8 / empty||8|
|2 GB||Double-sided||1 Gbit||128 M x 8 / 128 M x 8||16|
|2 GB||Single-sided||2 Gbit||256 M x 8 / empty||8|
|4 GB||Double-sided||2 Gbit||256 M x 8 / 256 M x 8||16|
|4 GB||Single-sided||4 Gbit||512 M x 8 / empty||8|
|8 GB||Double-sided||4 Gbit||512 M x 8 / 512 M x 8||16|
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel® boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list* for this Intel® Desktop Board.
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.
|Module manufacturer||Module part number||Module size||Module speed (MHz)|
|DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory|
|Single- and multi-channel memory modes|
|Troubleshooting system memory issues|