- Four Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) connectors with gold-plated contacts
- Non-ECC, 1.5 V, DDR3 1333(OC)/1066/800 MHz memory
- Serial Presence Detect (SPD) memory only
- Unbuffered, non-registered single- or double-sided DIMMs (except double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization)
- Up to 8.0 GB utilizing 2 Gb technology
- A minimum of 512 MB of total memory is required
To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency.
|DIMM Capacity||Configuration||SDRAM Density||SDRAM Organization Front-side/Back-side||Number of SDRAM Devices|
|1 GB||Single-sided||1 Gbit||1 GB x8 / empty||8|
|2 GB||Double-sided||1 Gbit||1 GB x8 / 1 GB x8||16|
|2 GB||Single-sided||2 Gbit||2 GB x8 / empty||8|
|4 GB||Double-sided||2 Gbit||2 GB x8 / 2 GB x8||16|
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel® boards as requested by memory manufacturers.