The program AFUDOS.EXE is used to update the BIOS version on the following boards:
- Intel® Desktop Board DH61KVCH
- Intel® Desktop Board DH61SKCH
This program is included on the driver disk (in the \Utility folder).
Follow the steps below to update the BIOS:
- Create a DOS-bootable USB device.
- Copy the following files to the USB flash drive: AFUDOS.EXE and the XX.ROM file (where XX.ROM is the .ROM file name).
- Insert the USB device into a USB port and turn on the computer.
- At the DOS prompt, type AFUDOS XX.ROM (where XX.ROM is the .ROM file name) and press Enter.
- Wait until the flash update process is complete.
- Remove the USB device and restart the computer.
|Caution ||Don't turn off or reset the computer during the flash process.|
Creating a bootable USB device
Creating a USB flash device as a bootable drive isn't as simple as creating bootable floppy disks. Review the documentation provided by the manufacturer of your USB device for instructions on how to create a bootable USB device.
We are unable to help with creating bootable devices. See the following websites for tips on creating bootable USB devices:
For more information, search the web for How to create bootable USB drives.