The following changes increase the root partition on the Intel® Edison Board. The changes need to be made before building a custom image. For this guide, we make the root size 640 MB—the default root size is 512 MB. If the root size is increased over 640, reboot ota may not work.
|Note||Increasing the root size may increase the Intel Edison Board boot time.|
Download the Edison Linux source files.
Decompress the source file: tar xvf <file Name>.
Change directory to the extracted file: cd edison-src.
- Go to the partitions= section.
- Find the partition labeled rootfs.
- Change the value to 640 MB, the default value is 512 MB.
- After the rootfs partition has been changed, save and close the file.
- Open device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-core/images/edison-image.bb.
- Find IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE.
- Change the value to 655360, the default value is 524288. This value is in kb and needs to match the value changed in step 5.
- After the IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE is changed, save and close the file.
Continue building the image using the Intel Edison BSP User Guide.