The Intel® HLS Compiler is a high-level synthesis (HLS) tool that takes in untimed C++ as input and generates production-quality register transfer level (RTL) code that is optimized for Intel FPGAs. This tool accelerates verification time over RTL by raising the abstraction level for FPGA hardware design. Models developed in C++ are typically verified orders of magnitude faster than RTL.
Announcing the Latest Intel® HLS Compiler Release with Intel Quartus® Prime Design Software v18.0:
Watch this video to learn more about Intel HLS Compiler features.
- Uses untimed ANSI C++ as the golden design source
- Allows you to quickly explore multiple architectures through high-level directives
- Simplifies tool usage by inferring design intent from high-level constraints
- Supports verification of RTL by comparison with the original C++ source model
- Generates reusable intellectual property (IP) for system integration using the Platform Designer (formerly Qsys)
- Supports inference of streaming, memory mapped, or wire interfaces
- Performs device-specific timing-driven schedule optimization and technology mapping for Intel FPGAs
- Supports a software compiler use model and industry standards including ac_int data types