Intel® Storage Controllers for Select Intel® Xeon® Processor-Based Server Solutions
As big data continues to get bigger, so does the need for high-performance storage solutions. Software-Defined Storage, Content and Web Hosting Appliances, Cloud Service Providers, and Enterprise IT customers are seeking high-uptime controllers for mass storage, with maximum reliability for these high-intensity workloads. Designed to enable expansion of server storage, the Intel® Storage Controllers enable exceptional NVMe*, SAS, and SATA performance and scalability. The tri-mode family of Intel® Storage Controllers include modules and adapters, all of which support NVMe.
Intel® Storage Controllers: Modules (RMSP3) vs. Adapters (RSP3)
- Intel® Storage Modules are designed for select 2U Intel® Xeon® processor-based server solutions, affording up to 16 ports of PCIe*/SAS/SATA connectivity without taking up a standard add-in card PCIe slot, for a highly integrated configuration
- Intel® Storage Adapters come in a low-profile MD2 standard PCIe* form-factor, and are PCIe* compliant for flexibility of configuration and use in any system
Support for the NVMe* Ecosystem
Tri-mode Intel® Storage Controllers bring PCIe* NVMe* to the Storage Controller. With tri-mode Storage Controllers, data centers can deploy high-performance NVMe solutions with the reliability of hardware I/O Controllers (IOCs), as well as SAS and SATA storage solutions at high IOPS, high throughput, and low latency.
- Tri-mode Storage Controllers use the Avago* SAS3416 I/O Controller for highly scalable connectivity to NVMe* over PCIe* 3.0, 12Gb/s SAS over PCIe 3.0, and 6Gb/s SATA
- High IOPS, high throughput, and low latency to the attached targets enables maximum storage performance to the operating system and applications at a low cost
- Tri-mode Intel® Storage Controllers enable high drive count solutions, with support for up to 16 direct-attach SAS/SATA drives or 4 direct-attach NVMe* drives. NVMe switches and SAS expanders enable additional scalability