Versatile and scalable performance 12 Gb/s SAS 3.0 intelligent RAID.
- LSI SAS3108* RAID-on-Chip (RoC) controller providing SAS 3.0 capability, including 12 Gb/s data transfer
- Embedded 1-GB 1866 MHz cache (ECC DDR3 memory) to efficiently store data in transition
- One internal HD small form factor 8643 SAS/SATA connector for up to four internal ports
- One external HD small form factor 8644 SAS/SATA connector for up to four external ports
- x8 PCI Express* Generation 3 interface for fast communication with the server board
- Intel® RAID with Fast Path* I/O delivering up to 750,000 I/Os per second (IOPS)
- Optional Intel® RAID maintenance free backup offering cache protection with up to five years service life
- Optional premium feature upgrades: Intel® RAID SSD Cache Controller
The Intel® RAID Controller RS3MC044 provides versatility allowing all common RAID levels across both internal and external connectors, plus scalability when combined with RAID expanders or just-a-bunch of disks (JBODs). Its high flexibility and broad feature set make it an exceptional choice to address the challenges of today’s datacenter.
|Exceptional data protection||Supports data redundancy using SAS or SATA hard disk drives through mirroring, parity, and double parity (RAID levels 1, 5, and 6), plus striping capability for spans (RAID levels 10, 50, and 60).|
|Excellent performance||A dual-core LSI SAS 3108 ROC, x8 PCI Express Generation 3 host interface, and 1 GB 1866 MHz provide the performance required for highly scalable storage.|
|Versatility||With both internal and external connectivity and support for multiple premium feature upgrades, this add-in card can be used to architect a wide number of solutions.|
|Scalability for up to 240 devices||Compatible with RAID expanders and JBODs with room to grow.|