Compact RAID Adapter for Mainstream Applications
- Embedded 512 MB 800 MHz cache (ECC DDR2 memory) to efficiently store data in transition
- Speaker to deliver audible alerts
- Two SFF8087 SAS/SATA connectors for up to eight internal ports
- x8 PCI Express* 2.0 interface for fast communication with the server board
- LSI SAS2108* RAID-on-Chip (ROC) controller providing 2.0 compliance including 6-Gb/s data transfer
- Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL080: Two internal cables with SFF8087 connectors that expand to four individual connectors
- Intel RAID Controller RS2BL040: One cable with SFF8087 connector that expands to four individual connectors
Mainstream. The Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL040 is targeted at solutions with expander backplanes or low drive counts.
|Exceptional data protection||Supports data redundancy using SAS or SATA hard disk drives through mirroring, parity, and double parity (RAID levels 1, 5, and 6) plus striping capability for spans (RAID levels 10, 50, and 60).|
|Inside-the-box design flexibility||With a true MD2 form factor; this adapter is ideal for low-profile height and half-length adapter slots. Eight internal 6-Gb/s SAS ports allow connection to 6 Gb/s or 3 Gb/s high-performance SAS drives, high-capacity SATA drives or a combination of both.|
|Excellent performance||LSI SAS2108* ROC technology, x8 PCI Express* Generation 2 host interface and 800 MHz cache enhance the performance of mainstream applications.|
Delivers proactive drive monitoring and automatic error correction.
An optional battery backup maintains data without the need for an uninterruptible power supply.
|Increased IT productivity||
Includes a suite of tools that are common across all Intel SAS/SATA RAID solutions, for easy installation and advanced management.
|SKU Order Code||Supported Devices||RAID Level Supported||# of Internal Ports||# of External Ports||Compatible Products|
|SAS/SATA||0, 1 ,5, 6, 10, 50, 60||8||0||Click for detailed lists of Intel® products|
|SAS/SATA||0, 1 ,5, 6, 10, 50, 60||4
||0||Click for detailed lists of Intel® products|