In this class, you will learn the signals that make up the various interfaces found on the Arria® 10 Hard IP for PCI Express® IP cores versions and their uses. As a result, you will be able to connect those interfaces to your own Application Layer and control logic inside the FPGA so that you will be able to send and receive PCI Express packets as well as control and monitor the status of the PCI Express link.
While this course current focuses on the Arria 10 FPGA family, the Stratix® 10 family will be added in a future update to this course.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Understand the interfaces found on the Arria 10 Hard IP for PCI Express cores
- Connect the Generation 10 Hard IP for PCI Express to Application Layer and control logic in a design
- Some understanding of the PCI Express Protocol specification is helpful, but not required
- Familiarity with common high-speed transceiver architecture OR viewing the following Transceiver Basics course OR attending the Building Gigabit Interfaces in Generation 10 Transceiver Devices
- Familiarity with FPGA/CPLD design flow
- Familiarity with the Quartus® II design software
We recommend completing the following courses:
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum:
Result Showing 1