Course DescriptionThis course will cover the Intel® FPGA tools available to compile OpenCL™ code into FPGA hardware. We will discuss the requirements of compiling OpenCL code, types of hardware generated with the tools, and the mechanisms to run OpenCL kernels on the FPGA while communicating with the host program running on a CPU. Lastly we’ll discuss various Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL software technology productivity and performance optimization features.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Know the tools available in Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL software technology
- Compile OpenCL programs onto Intel FPGA hardware
- Run the OpenCL kernels on the FPGA
- Utilize features of the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL software technology including emulation, prototyping and profiling.
- Basic understanding of the C programming language
- Understanding of the OpenCL standard
- OR attending the “Writing OpenCL Programs for Intel FPGAs” online course
We recommend completing the following courses:
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum: