Course DescriptionThis training is part 4 of 4. The SignalTap® II embedded logic analyzer (ELA) is a system-level debugging tool that monitors the state of internal FPGA design signals and triggers on custom, user-defined conditions during run-time operation of the device without having to bring signals out to device I/O pins. It integrates directly into your design, making it easy to perform functional debug. This final part of the training discusses how to run the logic analyzer to capture monitored signal data and how to analyze the captured data in a number of different formats. You'll also learn about many additional features of the tool, such as the creation and use of power-up triggers, advanced triggers, and how to debug a design using the ELA from a remote location.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Run the logic analyzer and acquire monitored signal data
- Analyze the captured data in the SignalTap file window or export to multiple file formats
- Learn about additional SignalTap features such as power-up triggers, advanced triggering using custom HDL objects, and remote debugging
- Basic knowledge of the Quartus Prime software
- Knowledge of external logic analyzer operations (optional)