This training is part 4 of 4. Closing timing can be one of the most difficult and time-consuming aspects of FPGA design. The Timing Analyzer, part of the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, is an easy-to-use tool for creating Synopsys* design constraints (SDC) files and generating detailed timing reports to shorten this timing closure process. This final part of the training discusses the SDC constraints required to fully constrain a design. You'll learn how to constrain clock and I/O paths, the minimum constraints required for the tool to consider a design to be fully constrained. You'll also learn how to adjust how a timing analysis is performed through the use of clock latency, uncertainty and timing exceptions.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Create the constraints required to fully constrain a design, including clocks and I/O
- Learn about additional constraints that adjust the way timing analysis is performed to match the design's operation
- Background in digital logic design
- An understanding of basic FPGA design flow
- A solid working knowledge of the Intel Quartus Prime software
We recommend completing the following courses:
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum: