Learn to use the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition v. 17.1 software to develop an FPGA design from initial design to device programming. You'll create a new project, input design files, & compile your project. Learn to search for compilation information, use settings & assignments to adjust compilation results & manage I/O-related assignments using the Pin Planner & Interface Planner. Learn about device programming files & how to program an FPGA on your board. Learn techniques to plan your design. You will employ features of the software to help you achieve your design goals faster.
Note: while most features are similar between Standard and Pro editions, consider "The Intel Quartus Prime Software: Foundation (Standard Edition)" for v. 15.1 content without Pro features.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Make pre-project decisions to prepare for an Intel Quartus Prime software design
- Create, manage, and compile projects
- Use tools to view the results of compilation
- Review compilation results in various reports and graphical viewers
- Plan and manage device I/O assignments using Pin Planner and Interface Planner
- Understand device programming files and their use with the Intel Quartus Prime Software Programmer
- Background in digital logic design
- Ability to describe a hardware system using VHDL, Verilog or EDA schematic tool
We recommend completing the following courses:
Below are the related courses you may be interested in:
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum: