Course DescriptionThis training covers floating point numerical processing. We will introduce floating point and some of the applications where it is used. You will learn about the new native floating point architecture built into Altera® Generation 10 FPGAs. You will also learn about the different tool flows to take advantage of these capabilities.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Describe the floating point numerical format
- Describe the hard floating point capabilities and benefits to your design with Arria® 10 and Stratix® 10 FPGAs
- Describe the different tools and design flows to access the floating point architecture including DSP Builder and OpenCL
- General engineering background. Specific knowledge of floating point or matrix inversion not required.
- Some familiarity with Matlab/Simulink tools
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
Below are the related courses you may be interested in:
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum: