This class will teach you how to quickly build designs for Intel® FPGA devices using the Platform Designer system-level integration tool (formerly known as Qsys), part of the Intel Quartus® Prime software. You will become proficient with using Platform Designer and learn how to quickly integrate “off-the-shelf” IP and custom logic into a system. Platform Designer makes design reuse easy through the use of standard interfaces, so you will learn about Avalon® interface specification as well as an the Arm* AMBA* AXI interface standard. The class provides a significant hands-on component, where you will gain exposure to tool usage as well as system and custom HDL component design.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Build digital systems in the Platform Designer tool
- Integrate the files generated by Platform Designer into the Intel Quartus Prime software design flow
- Create custom components with the Avalon memory-mapped interface and the Avalon streaming interface and integrate them into your system
- Background in digital logic design
- Working knowledge of the Intel Quartus Prime software
- Knowledge of HDL coding methodology (helpful but not mandatory)
We recommend completing the following courses:
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
Below are the related courses you may be interested in:
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum: