Course DescriptionThis course will teach you how to accelerate algorithms on FPGAs using the OpenCL™ framework. In this class, we will cover the FPGA technologies that make it an ideal coprocessor to boost performance. We will discuss how to use the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL to synthesize OpenCL constructs into custom logic to easily leverage the advantages of FPGA accelerated computing. We will go over the constructs of the OpenCL standard & the Intel FPGA flow that automatically converts kernel C code into hardware that interacts with the host. In the hands-on labs, you’ll write OpenCL programs targeting FPGAs.
*OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission of Khronos
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Describe the FPGA technologies that can be used to accelerate algorithms
- Understand the advantages of using the Intel FPGA OpenCL solution
- Write OpenCL host and kernel code to accelerate algorithms on FPGAs
- Compile, debug, and run OpenCL programs using the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL
- Basic understanding of a parallel computing platform such as CUDA* or OpenCL
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
Below are the related courses you may be interested in:
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum:
No class is being offered at this time.