Course DescriptionOpenCL™ is a standard for writing parallel programs for heterogeneous systems. With the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL, OpenCL constructs are synthesized into custom logic for optimal acceleration on FPGA devices. This course introduces the basic concepts of parallel computing. It covers the constructs of the OpenCL standard and the Intel FPGA flow that automatically converts kernel C code into hardware that interacts with the host. In hands-on labs, you’ll write programs to run in emulation mode as well as on an FPGA board.
*OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission of Khronos
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Describe high-level parallel computing concepts and challenges
- Understand the advantages of using the Intel FPGA OpenCL solution
- Know the basics of the OpenCL standard
- Write simple programs in OpenCL
- Compile, debug, and run OpenCL programs using the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL
- Basic understanding of the C programming language
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum:
No class is being offered at this time.