The OpenCL™ standard is a standard for writing parallel programs for heterogeneous systems. With the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ software technology, OpenCL program constructs are synthesized into custom logic for optimal acceleration on FPGA devices. This course introduces the basic concepts of parallel computing. It covers the constructs of the OpenCL standard and the Intel FPGA design flow that automatically convert kernel C code into hardware that interacts with the host. In hands-on labs, you’ll write programs to run in the Intel FPGA Emulation Platform for OpenCL™ software.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
At Course Completion
You will be able to:
- Describe high-level parallel computing concepts and challenges
- Understand the advantages of using OpenCL applications on Intel FPGAs
- Know the basics of the OpenCL standard
- Write simple OpenCL programs
- Compile, debug, and run OpenCL programs using the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL software technology
- Basic understanding of the C programming language
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
Applicable Training Curriculum
This course is part of the following Intel FPGA training curriculum: