Nios II Processor: To obtain a non-time-limited use license file for the Nios II processor, you must purchase a Nios II development kit or the stand-alone Nios II processor core license (ordering code: IP-NIOS). Contact your local Altera representative or use Altera Tools Support to order today.
Nios II C2H Compiler: You can create, compile, and generate time-limited Nios II processor systems and hardware accelerators generated by the Nios II C2H Compiler without obtaining a license file by using the OpenCore Plus evaluation feature. You must obtain a license for the Nios II processor core (ordering code: IP-NIOS) and Nios II C2H Compiler (ordering code: IPT-C2H-NIOS) to generate non-time-limited programming files and flash programming files. Contact your local Altera representative or use Altera Tools Support to order today. You do not need a license if you will only be developing software using the Nios II IDE.
NicheStack TCP/IP Stack–Nios II Edition: You can develop software for any of the Nios II development kits using the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack, Nios II Edition evaluation. To generate software to run on other boards and/or ship in a product, you must obtain a license (ordering code: IPSW-TCP/IP-NIOS). Contact your local Altera representative or Altera Tools Support to order today.
Micrium MicroC/OS-II RTOS: You can develop software for any of the Nios II development kits using the Micrium MicroC/OS-II RTOS. To generate software to run on other boards and/or ship in a product, you must obtain a license. To obtain a license for the Micrium MicroC/OS-II RTOS, contact Micrium today.
- Installation Instructions: View installation instructions for all operating systems.
- Online Demonstrations: View now.
- The Nios II Embedded Design Suite Support web page can help with questions or problems that are not answered by the information provided here.
- Find Answers in the Altera support center uses natural language processing technology to search all available technical documentation to answer your questions directly. Find Answers solves technical queries because you can ask your exact questions online.
- You can also benefit from the Altera mySupport online issue tracking system.
- Additionally, you can find answers to many questions in the Nios Forum area of the Altera Forum.
Legal Notice—Altera'sMegaCore® License Agreementgoverns the installation and use of the Nios II software. TheSoftware Subscription License Agreementgoverns the installation and use of the Quartus II Web Edition design software.