- Before you begin
- Setting up MAX+PLUS II licensing for PCs with software guards
- Setting up MAX+PLUS II network licensing for PCs or UNIX workstations
- More Information
Before You Begin
This page describes how to set up licensing for the MAX+PLUS® II software versions 9.1 and higher. You do not need to install a new license file for your software unless you just purchased the software or you just renewed your Altera software subscription. After you install your MAX+PLUS II license file, the license is good for all versions of software up that are released for the duration of your subscription. Your license will NOT expire. Refer to the Altera Subscription Program page for details.
Before you begin setting up MAX+PLUS II licensing, you must have installed the MAX+PLUS II software and obtained a license file called license.dat. To obtain a license file, follow the steps below:
- Make a note of your Altera ID, which is a 6-digit number written on your software packing slip and other documentation from Altera. You will need this number to request a license file.
- Install and start the MAX+PLUS II software
- Choose License Setup (Options menu) to display the License Setup dialog box. Click the System Info button to display the System Information dialog box, which shows relevant information about your computer, including one or more of the following items:
- Your hard disk serial number (on PCs)
- Your software guard ID (on PCs)
- The network interface card (NIC) address number (on PCs)
- The system ID (on UNIX workstations)
- See the figure below for a sample PC.
- Make a note of all information that is displayed.
- Request a license file from this web site; your license will be sent to you via e-mail. Follow the instructions in the e-mail for creating a license.dat file.
Setting Up MAX+PLUS II Licensing for PCs with Software Guards
To set up MAX+PLUS II licensing for PCs with software guards, perform the steps below.
- Start the MAX+PLUS II software. For example, double-click the MAX+PLUS II icon.
- Click OK in the MAX+PLUS II Copy Protection message box. You will enter your license file later. See the figure below.
- Choose License Setup (Options menu).
- Specify the license file by clicking Browse. In the Directories box, go to the directory in which you saved your license.dat file (e.g., c:\maxplus2), select the license.dat file in the Files box, and click OK.
- The Available Features box should contain a list of enabled items, depending on your system configuration. See the figure below.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Congratulations! You have successfully licensed the MAX+PLUS II version 9.1 software.
Setting Up MAX+PLUS II Network Licensing for PCs or UNIX Workstations
If you are using a single Windows NT or UNIX workstation or redundant workstations to serve MAX+PLUS II licenses, refer to "Multi-User Network Licensing for PCs" in the read.me file for information on obtaining your license file, setting up the license manager server, and setting up PC or UNIX clients.
If you have a question or problem that is not answered by the information provided here, contact Altera® Applications at mySupport.