The USB-Blaster II download cable has a default clock frequency for TCK (JTAG) or DCLK (Active Serial programming) of 24MHz. The frequency may be changed to lower frequencies where signal integrity and timing does not allow operation at 24MHz.
The following comamnd may be used to change the clock frequency of the USB-Blaster II:
jtagconfig --setparam <cable number> JtagClock <frequency>
<cable number> is the USB-Blaster II cable to be modified.
<frequency> is the desired TCK or DCLK frequency. 24M, 16M and 6M are supported.
- What is the nominal operational frequency of TCK in the USB-Blaster download cable?
- Why does Quartus II Programmer prompt the error message Can't recognize silicon ID when programming an EPCS/EPCQ serial flash device with a .jic file using the USB-Blaster II download cable?
- Can I change the TCK frequency when using the ByteBlasterMV or ByteBlaster II download cables?
- Why does the TCK frequency setting of the USB-Blaster II download cable revert to the default value of 24 MHz after being changed?
- Can I change the TCK frequency when using the USB-Blaster download cable?