- Install the MAX+PLUS II BASELINE software according to the instructions on this web site.
- Start the MAX+PLUS II software. For example, choose MAX+PLUS II 9.23 Baseline from the Start menu.
- After reading the license agreement, click Yes.
- If you do not have a software guard, you will see the MAX+PLUS II Copy Protection message box. Click No.
- Choose License Setup (Options menu).
- Click the System Info button in the Licensing Setup dialog box. Your PC system information (including the hard disk ID used by the software) is displayed.
- Note the drive letter and hard disk ID number.
- Go to the MAX+PLUS II Licensing page on the Altera web site.
- Choose FREE MAX+PLUS II BASELINE software and follow the on-line instructions for obtaining a licensing file. Your license will be sent to you via e-mail.
- After you have obtained your license file, follow the instructions on how to set up licensing on the Altera web site.
If you are unsure which hard disk ID to use when requesting a BASELINE license file from the Altera web site, perform the following steps: