You must install the USB-Blaster™ download cable driver before you can use it to program devices with the Quartus® II software.
The first time the USB-Blaster download cable is plugged in, the Windows Found New Hardware Wizard prompts you to install the driver.
You must have system administration (Administrator) privileges to install the USB-Blaster download cable driver.
- Plug the USB-Blaster into the PC. The Found New Hardware Wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- Select Search for a Driver and click Next.
- Select Specify a Location and click Next.
- Click Browse... and browse to the <Path to Quartus II installation>\drivers\usb-blaster directory.
Choose the appropriate location or file using the following steps:
Quartus II software version 6.1 and later:
- Browse to the \x32 directory (Windows 2000/XP standard 32-bit).
- Click Open. The wizard automatically chooses the required file.
Quartus II software version 6.0 SP1 and earlier:
- Select the file usbblst.inf.
- Click Open.
- Quartus II software version 6.1 and later:
- Click OK.
- Click Next in the wizard.
- Click Finish.
- To complete your installation, Set up programming hardware in the Quartus II software.