The driver for the T-guard is installed and started automatically on Windows.
If you have not installed the T-guard on LPT1 (the first parallel port), you must configure the Sentinel driver so the T-guard can be recognized.
Note: Some cable drivers are not available for download on this page. They are available after you install the Intel® Quartus® Prime software in the <Quartus Prime Installation Directory>\drivers directory.
You can install the driver manually by executing the setupx86.exe file in the drivers directory of your Intel Quartus Prime software or MAX+PLUS® II software installation.
- Browse to the drivers directory of your Intel Quartus Prime software or MAX+PLUS II software installation.
- Double-click the setupx86.exe file.
- Click on the Functions menu and choose Install Sentinel Driver.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Choose Quit from the Functions menu.
- Restart the computer.
Configuring the Driver
- Double-click the setupx86.exe file in the drivers directory of your Intel Quartus Prime software or MAX+PLUS II software installation.
- Choose Configure Sentinel Driver from the Functions menu.
- Configure all the LPT ports in your machine. Make sure that the Use? field is set to "Yes" only for the parallel port your T-guard is connected to.
- Exit the utility after all the LPT ports have been configured.
- Reboot the system.